Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rest and Relaxation

Following a 4:30 am email sending my latest chapter to my supervisor for her review, comments and edits, I decided it was time for some rest and relaxation.  As this chapter is no less than 54 pages, my dear supervisor may think she needs a little R&R when she is finished reading it.


So, Friday afternoon I joined my daughter for some skiing at the world-famous Sundance Resort.  www.sundanceresort.com



I am not, in any way, considered a "Gnarly Shredder" and I would never "Hurl Carcass" down the mountain, but at least I can cruise along and even take in the scenery without a serious wipeout or bum bruising slam.  I just like to be on the mountain, take in the view, hang with my girl, sip some hot chocolate and think about something other than Coptic textiles, sarcophagi and funerary epitaphs for an afternoon.
There is no better way to revive oneself from the depths of academic purgatory (which, ashamedly, does sometimes include bouts of no showering and subsisting on cold cereal - coupled with pages and pages of highlighted text that need slashing edits, epic re-organization and logical transitions) than a pure white winter wonderland.  


And . . . if I am really going to disclose the extent of my weekend break from all things academic, I would have to admit to a little bit of retail therapy.  Thanks Jared for understanding that every Oxford Chic girl needs a little bit of high-style for the moment when showering and lip-gloss are back on the docket!
I found a great black and white houndstooth jacket - cropped with bell sleeves.






Not exactly like this, but you get the idea!  Just think Chanel on a budget (my budget)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment