Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Financial Aid -- Venting!

I will miss a lot of things about being a student - dealing with financial aid will not be one of them!




Foretold is Forewarned!  Before embarking on any educational endeavors, know that your financial plans will be disrupted, entangled and perhaps utterly decimated.  You must have a will of iron to battle through. People keep telling me that the investment will be worth it in the end.  I want to believe this, really I do - and maybe I will when I have a job in hand, but for today I am choosing to be a bit grumpy. 

The slow bureaucratic nonsense that bogs down the aid process will literally put you over the edge.  I hate to admit that THEY brought me to tears today!

I have been dealing with this issue for - I kid you not - FOUR MONTHS!  And, I am still empty-handed.
This year's particularly Hellish Nightmare has been brought to students everywhere by the letters Grrrrr and by the number 4 (as in months) and by the new changes to the US Dept. of Education's  Loan overhaul tacked onto the Healthcare Bill (double Grrr).

There are no further words suitable for a person of character to utter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment