Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chapter Five Update

I told myself, "This chapter should be a cinch!"  I'll keep it short and sweet and to the point.  I can discuss female patronage during late antiquity and tie in the objet d'art used for personal adornment and veneration in a straightforward and concise way . . .  I can even keep my pages to a reasonable number, somewhere around 30!
Why do I lie to myself???  I still have to cover two gold medallions and add in some text on Helena and I am already at 40 pages!
On the bright side of things, I only have one chapter left to write and I vow that it will be shorter.  Another lie?  Probably.
I don't even want to think about writing my conclusion - I want it to be 5-6 pages at most.  I am seriously considering coercing some of my friends, family and colleagues to read my finished draft chapters and holding a contest where each one submits a single page summing up my dissertation.  They could win very valuable prizes for their entries and I could at least have some examples of concisely written summations.  
This is a great idea!
So, if there are any readers whatsoever to this blog . . . stay posted, you may have a chance to chime in as well.   


On a complete tangent, I finally watched the movie Secretariat last night . . . if you are going to run a race, run at it with everything you've got.  All in all, I'd say '73 was a pretty good year!  Inspiring!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS4f6wiQJh4&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment