Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blooming Inspiration

I adore purple irises.  They are bold, beautiful, regal and inspiring.  This morning I stopped by my local floral shop to pick up something for a friend and noticed that they had 10 stem bunches of purple iris! 


imgres.jpg



Voila!  The inspiration that I needed for the day.  
Usually, all I need to banish mental dullness is a small token - something simple and beautiful to generate all kinds of creative thoughts and motivate me into action:
Baking my luscious chocolate cake from scratch
Sunday afternoon walks
A tiny box of really amazing chocolate
Finding the perfect accessory on sale
The smell of rain
My scratchy purple plaid Scottish throw blanket
Reading books with my children
A long nap in crispy sheets
Real letters in the mail 
I am just grateful that today the inspiration was irises.





No comments:

Post a Comment