Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Winston Writes for Me


My Dog Winston writes for me!
Can't you see how lovely he looks illuminated by computer backlight?  
He can construct a perfectly clever turn of phrase without blinking an eye!


Alright, I admit to a little exaggeration here, but have to acknowledge that Winston does help me write.  At least he keeps me from being too lonely while I write. He sits at my feet, sits on my lap, gives me tender little licky kisses.  He adores me, even when my efforts at scintillating insights fail miserably.


Sometimes I relish being alone with my thoughts, but there are times when the inertia of academic loneliness is really hard to bear.
I don't mean to sound dramatic or overly Emo here - but the fact remains that there are times when I feel like a community of one.  


I am grateful for friends far and near who are willing, even if my ramblings don't suit their fancy, to listen, read and comment on my thoughts and pages.  My most sincere thanks goes out to them today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment